Caravan and Camping in Derbyshire
Golden Valley Caravan and Camping Park is situated just off the M1, within 10 minutes drive to local towns and shops.
Located in the beautiful hamlet of Golden Valley nestling along side the Cromford Canal, set in Amber Valley, the heart of Derbyshire.
The park is set within 26 Acres of historic woodland which was once a thriving industry for coal, iron foundries and canal workers on the Cromford Canal.
About the Area
- We are located a short distance from local towns: Ripley, Heanor and Alfreton. All of which have large super markets.
- In addition, local to our campsite are a variety of short walks and bike trails, we are walking distance to Codnor / Butterley Reservoir and the Midland Railway Steam Train Museum.
- Matlock, Matlock Bath and Gulliver’s Kingdom is a 20 minute drive away.
- Derby and Nottingham city centres are approximately 30 minutes drive away.
- Alton Towers is in reasonable distance, approximately 50 minutes drive away
- In addition, local to our campsite are a variety of short walks and bike trails, and walking distance to the Midland Railway Steam Train Museum.
Keeping you entertained
- New Segways – to be booked in advance
- 3 outdoor play areas
- Fishing Pond; stocking tench, carp and roach
- Bouncy Castle
- Café Serving a variety of food cold drinks and alcohol
- Ice cream van that drives on site randomly
- Train and log cart ride around the park.
Please note:- all are open depending on how busy the site is. Mainly in High Season. Times are flexible and subject to change with one activity at a time, please check with reception.
Amber Valley has many tranquil villages and bustling market towns nestled amongst some of the most beautiful scenery around. From historic houses and heritage sites, walking distance to steam trains (half price admission available to Midland Railway Centre), walking routes and quality shopping, there’s something for you.
There is a wide selection of pitch options within the woodland where there is ample room for your camping, caravan or motor home trip.
We are a family owned holiday park where we are family orientated and pet friendly.
The site has two independent toilet / shower block, laundry room, Jacuzzi, gym, children’s play room, four outside play areas as well as a large sand-pit play area. We have a cafe, bar and two wildlife ponds, one for carp fishing.