Here we will glide off track exploring on our latest technology – a self balancing electric Segway.
Your experience will consist of riding the X2 SE off-road model using your own balance and technique around particular areas of Golden Valley’s beautiful 26 acre caravan park, tracks and trails.
Take a smooth and stable ride along a variety of terrain paths; you will be on two wheels gliding on Segway’s top performance lean steer technology.
In amongst our woodland and natural surroundings you will need to anticipate and conquer the trails ahead, making this one of the coolest experiences of the summer.
You will be introduced to the Segway X2 SE in our training area offering you the chance to get to grips with the machine and learn the basic manoeuvres. (Please Note: – riders will not be allowed onto the circuit unless they are able to demonstrate they can control the machine to the standards set out in the training area and your session will be non refundable).
Once you’ve mastered this and our instructor gives the all clear you will be all set to ride the track and if time permits there will be an opportunity for some free time at the end.
- For a 45 minute session which includes a 10 minute briefing. You will be provided a safety helmet and high visibility jacket.
Here at Golden Valley Caravan Park, we have a small café selling a variety of food and drink, ideal for after your session or for anyone not taking part. We also have free car park, toilets and a picnic area.
Please note that by taking part in this Segway experience there are potential risks involved. Riding a Segway can be dangerous and can result in serious injury. Therefore whilst we have taken various precautions to minimise the potential of accident or injury, participants do so at their own risk.
Important Terms and Conditions to read before booking:
- You must weigh over 7 stone (45kgs) and be under 17 stone (108kgs)
- All participants must stand above 4ft in height (134 cm).
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- If you are pregnant, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the Segway experience.
- If you suffer from serious health conditions such as heart condition, epilepsy or any disabilities that limit mobility unfortunately you will not be able to participate on the Segways.
- Strictly NO participation under the influence of alcohol or drugs (the session will be based on instructor’s discretion – and will be terminated without refund if they believe anyone is under the influence).
- All personal protective equipment must be worn at all times for your own and others safety.
- No abusive behaviour or swearing during your time at Golden Valley Caravan Park; there will be camping guests and children staying on site.
- Sensible and practical clothing must be worn – skirts and heels are prohibited. If weather is cold please bring a coat and gloves.
- Participant must carefully read and sign our disclaimer before each session starts.
- Do not get on a Segway before receiving training and safety briefing.
- Do not get on a Segway without wearing all protective kit and a helmet
- No riding backwards
- No riding away from the designated areas at any time
- No chewing gum, eating or drinking
All riders must comply with all instructions given by staff. Any reckless riding or abusive behaviour to any riders or staff will result in your ride being terminated without a refund.